Akrotiri-Oia Private Tour
If you want to reveal the history of the ash-covered Prehistoric Bronze city, untouched by the time, this is definitely the tour that you shouldn’t miss.
This incredible tour begins with Akrotiri where you are going to discover one of the most important prehistoric settlements of the Aegean.
You will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to find out about the mysterious legend, the mythical city of Atlantis that disappeared without leaving a trace and sunk deep into the sea by the anger of Greek Gods 3.600 years ago. You can admire the exquisite draining system, the sophisticated multi-storey buildings and the sensational wall paintings and feel what it was like to live there.
Pyrgos which was used to be the capital of the island until 1800 is our next stop. You can walk along the narrow paths to the ruins of a Venetian Castle.
In a close distance we can see the Monastery of Prophet Elias that was built in 1711.
The Monastery is located on the highest point of the island, 567m above the sea level.
Admire the stunning view of the entire island while tasting the splendid dessert wine, honey and extra virgin olive oil that’s made on site only by the monks.
And finally we visit the second most enchanted town Oia which is widely known for its breathtaking sunset attracting the romantics and not only, that wish to spend precious time with their loved ones. Take a look at the whitewashed houses and walk around the winding streets and enjoy some free time to shop for souvenirs or taste some of the best traditional delicacies of the island. Oia will undoubtedly give you only the best memories to treasure.
- 6-hour sightseeing led by an English speaking expert local guide.
- Comfort of touring in a private deluxe vehicle.
- Inside knowledge and personalized attention from your guide.
- Explore the island’s rich unique archaeological heritage.
- Astonishing panoramic view of the whole island (Prophet Elias).
- Shopping time in cosmopolitan Oia.
- Enjoy unforgettable cliff views of the island away from the crowds.
- Capture the majestic scenery.
- Pickup and return from your hotel or Fira Town( Cruise ship port).
- 6-hour private tour of Santorini with English speaking expert local guide.
- Transport by air-conditioned modern Mercedes-Benz mini van.
- All fees, admissions and taxes.
- Cable car tickets for cruise ship visitors (€ 6.00 per person/per ride).
- Meals and beverages not listed as inclusions.
- Guided tours inside official museums and ancient sites as the Akrotiri excavations.
- Admission fees at the excavations of Akrotiri. (€12.00 per person, free admission for children under 17)
- Personal expenses.
The tour can accommodate 1-8 guests, the rate is total, not per person. For more than 8 people, please contact us for a custom rate.
The tour is private and ideal for visitors willing to explore Santorini.